The NECF is mandated to facilitate dialogue and secure consensus among the Zimbabwean stakeholders namely:
- academia and civil society
to achieve mutual prosperity.
Specifically, it seeks to deliver the following to enhance socio-economic development of the country:-
- Smart partnership amongst key economic players, namely:
- private sector,
- civil society,
- academia and
- other stakeholders;
- A participatory framework in national economic policy formulation through interchange of ideas and experiences among government, private sector, labour, academia and civil society;
- A Coordinated, monitoring and evaluation of national economic policy implementation;
- A platform for forging national consensus on a shared vision for national economic development;
- A culture of consultation and consensus building in policy formulation through dialogue;
- and Provision of a forum for national debate on topical economic issues and recommendation of well-considered views and policy options to Government.